Swanwick School and Sports College
Standards Document on KS4 Qualifications.
At SSSC our ethos is to give students the opportunity to succeed and achieve .SSSC believes a tailored and personalised curriculum is essential. The excellent breadth of qualifications offered at SSSC includes external examinations which range from GCSE, Functional Skills, OCR Entry Level, Princes Trust and Aim Awards. Additional units are then added through these qualifications to allow for individualised learning and varied levels of attainment.
The curriculum utilises both Teaching Assistants and Teachers unique and transferable skills, this enhances the students learning both academically and in their economic wellbeing. At SSSC we have extremely high expectations throughout all subjects and abilities. Our qualifications are suitable for all students to achieve and develop.
- In total 4 separate GCSE’s were delivered, 7 OCR Entry Level qualifications, 3 Functional Skills, 48 separate units through Aim Awards, 5 Princes Trust units, 1 Cambridge National and 1 Level 1 BTEC.
- 1 Student achieved a grade 4 in both their GCSE English Language and Maths.
- 1 Student achieved a grade 3 grade in Maths and English Language GCSE.
- 1 Student progressed from a grade 2 to a grade 3 in maths GCSE
- 1 Student achieved a Level 2 grade GCSE in Maths and English
- 1 Student achieved a grade 2 English Language and grade 1 Maths GCSE.
- 3 students are accessing double Science GCSE and will be entered next academic year.
- 8 students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in Maths and 4 students achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in Maths and 2 students achieved OCR Entry Level 1 in Maths.
- 5 students achieved Functional Skills Entry level 3 in Maths and 2 students achieved Functional Skills Entry level 2 in Maths.8 students achieved Functional Skills Entry Level 1 in Maths.
- 6 students achieved 6 credits at Entry level 2 through Aim Awards in Maths.
- 4 students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in English and 14 students achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in English.
- 3 students achieved an Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills English and 11 students achieved a Functional skills Entry Level 1 in English.
- 4 students achieved a Gold Award in OCR Science. 6 pupils achieved a Silver Award in OCR Science. 9 pupils achieved a Bronze Award in OCR Science.
- 1 student achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in ICT and 1 student achieved OCR Entry Level 1.
- 5 students achieved Functional Skills ICT Level 3 and 1 student achieved Functional Skills ICT Level 2 with 9 students achieved an Entry level 1.
- 6 students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in PE and 16 students achieved OCR Entry Level 2 and 1 student achieved an Entry level 1.
- 3 Students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in History. 7 Students achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in History and 3 students achieved OCR Entry Level 1.
- 6 Students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in Geography. 3 Student achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in Geography.
- 1 Student achieved 24 credits through the Princes Trust. 5 students achieved 18 credits through the Princes Trust. 4 students achieved 15 credits through the Princes Trust.3 students achieved 12 credits through the princes Trust. 7 students achieved 9 credits through the Princes Trust. 2 students achieved 6 credits through the Princes Trust and 1 student achieved 3 credits through the Princes Trust all at Entry level 3.
- In PE 3 students achieved a Level 1 Award through Cambridge Nationals and 3 students achieved the Sports Leaders qualification.
- 100% pass rate for all 48 separate courses delivered through Aim Awards. 324 units were entered at either Level 1, Entry Level 3 or Entry level 2.
- Directed claims status was maintained by D England and Giles Bradley is now an Internal Verifier. This allowed SSSC to internally and externally verify throughout the academic year, making sure all students achieved their full potential in KS4.
- New courses have been, and are continuing to be, delivered in 2018-19. The personalised learning route has been designed to encompass and encourage both academic and life skills that are suitable for a range of our students with varying abilities.
- 84% of students across all qualifications on offer achieved their expected grade.
Attainment at the end of KS4 qualifications exceeded expectations. Continued development has been made in the external qualifications through the variety of qualifications on offer.
Targets:- Action plan How are we going to achieve this?
- Every student in KS4 will leave with a nationally recognised qualification in Maths, English, Science and PSHE. This will be achieved by bespoke individualised qualifications plans being produced and adapted as to suit the needs of each student. Where appropriate year 10 pupils will be entered for OCR Entry Level exams / Aim Awards qualifications and in year 11, students will be entered for GCSE’s, Functional Skills and resits of OCR Entry Levels where appropriate.
- All students in KS4 will achieve at least three externally accredited courses in foundation / vocational subjects. This will happen by all students being entered for OCR Entry Level, Functional Skills or Aim Awards in English and Maths. A vast selection of other GCSE, OCR, Functional Skills, Princes Trust and AIM Award qualifications will be delivered throughout a variety of subjects on top of the core offer.
- Continued development of nationally recognised qualifications, exam boards and appropriate Alternative Provision. Specific courses are being delivered to students making sure each unique student achieves their full potential. This may include alternative provision for designated students if facilities are not suitable at SSSC. Continued development of bespoke units have been written in Aim Awards as well as students being entered in Year 10 for OCR Entry Level qualifications ensuring maximised learning is achieved.
- Continue to improve qualification and curriculum offer at SSSC. Qualifications offered will range from Aim Awards Entry level 1 through to GCSE. This allows all students at SSSC the opportunity to reach their full potential. Students in KS4 will achieve Princes Trust qualifications through the designated Life Skills curriculum and certain vocational and foundation subjects.
- Improve variety and level of Science qualifications:- Ensure a qualification is in place that gives equal opportunities to students irrelevant of period of time studying at SSSC.
- Current Year 11 Students will leave with a minimum of 18 credits through the appropriate level of Aim Awards. This will be achieved through a variety of subjects depending on the student’s personalised curriculum. On entry to KS4, pupils will be given individual targets depending on ability.