Swanwick School and Sports College
Standards Document on KS4 Qualifications.
At SSSC our ethos is to give students the opportunity to succeed and achieve. SSSC believes a tailored and personalised curriculum is essential.
The excellent breadth of qualifications offered at SSSC includes external examinations which range from GCSE, Functional Skills, OCR Entry Level, City and Guilds and Aim Awards. Additional units are then added through these qualifications to allow for individualised learning and varied levels of attainment.
The curriculum utilises both Teaching Assistants and Teachers unique and transferable skills, this enhances the students learning both academically and in their economic wellbeing. At SSSC we have extremely high expectations throughout all subjects and abilities. Our qualifications are suitable for all students to achieve and develop.
- In total 5 separate GCSE’s were delivered, 7 OCR Entry Level qualifications, 3 Functional Skills, 40 separate units through Aim Awards, 5 princes Trust units and 1 Level 1 BTEC.
- 1 Student achieved a C grade in Art at GCSE a Level 3 grade in English Language GCSE, a Level 2 grade in English Literature GCSE and a Level 1 grade in Maths GCSE.
- 1 Student achieved a Level 3 grade in Maths GCSE
- 1 Student achieved a Level 2 grade GCSE in Maths and a D grade in Science GCSE.
- 2 Students sat GCSE Maths in year 10 gaining a level 1 and a level 2 grade GCSE.
- 1 Student in Year 10 sat GCSE Science and achieved a GCSE grade E.
- 9 students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in Maths and 3 student achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in Maths and1 student achieved OCR Entry Level 1 in Maths.
- 4 students achieved Functional Skills Entry level 3 in Maths and 3 student achieved Functional Skills Entry level 2 in Maths.
- 2 students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in English and11 student achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in English.
- 2 students achieved an Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills English and 2 students achieved an Entry level 2 and 3 students achieved a Functional skills Entry level 1 in English.
- 10 pupils achieved a Bronze Award in OCR Science and 6 pupils achieved a Silver Award in OCR Science and 1 student achieved a Gold Award.
- 6 students achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in ICT and 6 students achieved OCR Entry Level 1.
- 2 students achieved Functional Skills ICT Level 3 and 3 students achieved Functional Skills ICT Level 2 with 3 students achieving an Entry level 1.
- 5 students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in PE and2 student achieved OCR Entry Level 2.
- 2 Students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in History. 5 Student achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in History.
- 5 Students achieved OCR Entry Level 3 in Geography. 3 Student achieved OCR Entry Level 2 in Geography.
- 7 Students achieved 9 credits through the Princes Trust and 13 students achieved 6 credits through the Princes Trust at Entry level 3.
- 6 students achieved a Level 1 BTEC in Construction through the exam board Pearsons.
- 100% pass rate for all 40 separate courses delivered through Aim Awards. 218 units were entered at both Entry Level 3 and Level 1.
- Directed claims status was maintained by D England and Kelly Jefferies is now an Internal Verifier. This allowed SSSC to internally and externally verify throughout the academic year, making sure all students achieved their full potential in KS4.
- New courses have been and are continuing to be delivered in 2017-18. The personalised learning route has been designed to encompass and encourage both academic and life skills that are suitable for a range of our students with varying abilities.
Attainment at the end of KS4 qualifications was Outstanding. Continued development has been made in the external qualifications through the variety of qualifications on offer.
Targets:- Action plan How are we going to achieve this?
- All students in KS4 will achieve at least three externally accredited courses. This will happen by all students being entered for OCR Entry Level and Functional Skills in English and Maths. A vast selection of other GCSE, OCR, Functional Skills, Princes Trust and AIM Award qualifications will be delivered throughout a variety of subjects.
- More enhanced subjects will be delivered. Specific courses are being delivered to individualised students making sure each unique student achieves their full potential.
This may include alternative provision for designated students if facilities are not suitable at SSSC. Continued development of bespoke units have been written in Aim Awards as well as students being entered in Spring term of Year 10 for OCR Entry Level ensuring maximised learning is achieved.
- Continue to improve variety/scope available to SSSC pupils. Qualifications offered will range from Aim Awards Entry level 1 through to GCSE. This allows all students at SSSC to reach their full potential. Students in KS4 will achieve Princes Trust qualifications through the designated Life Skills curriculum.
- Improve variety and level of Science qualifications:– Ensure a qualification is in place that gives equal opportunities to students irrelevant of period of time studying at SSSC.
- Economic well-being maximised. Personal budgeting, Aim Awards and Functional skills will be incorporated through daily maths sessions. Maths and English curriculum have been developed and enhanced keeping in line with the National Curriculum across all age phases.
- Current Year 11 Students will leave with a minimum of 15 credits at Entry 3 Aim Awards. This will be achieved through a variety of subjects depending on the student’s personalised curriculum. On entry to KS4, pupils will be given individual targets depending on ability.