“Enjoy, Achieve, Exceed.”
Our pupils will:-
- Achieve their full academic potential
- Look back on Swanwick School & Sports College with a wealth of positive memories and worthwhile experiences
- Become independent, confident young adults and responsible members of society
- Understand the choices available to them and the consequences of their actions
- Acquire the life skills, qualifications and self worth to achieve their full potential and access further opportunities in adult life.
- Respect themselves, have a positive self-image and a positive outlook on life
- Be tolerant and respectful of others beliefs, views, abilities and culture
- Be able to learn and work successfully both individually and with others
- Be adaptable learners and thinkers
- Be informed and willing to make a positive contribution to society
- Be able to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Have the skills, knowledge and experience to achieve economic well being
This will be achieved through:-
- An ethos where every member of the Swanwick School & Sports College community’s successes and achievements are celebrated
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- A highly skilled staff team providing positive role models both academically and socially.
- High expectations both academically and socially
- Innovative and exciting teaching tailored to meet individual learning styles that inspires independent working skills, investigative thinking and reflective learning
- Provision of a safe, stimulating and caring environment free from bullying and discrimination
- Provide a variety of opportunities to achieve every young person’s full potential
- Providing opportunities for young people to push their boundaries both academically, vocationally and emotionally in a supported and structured fashion.
- Good communication, relationships and partnerships centred around the child involving the school, parents/carers and other agencies
- An enriching programme of interactive visits, residential experiences and extra curricular activities which inform career pathways and employment opportunities
- Providing time, care and attention for every young person and their individual needs
- Providing high quality PE and Outdoor & Adventurous Activities to encourage future hobbies and broadening of horizons.
- Positive interaction with both mainstream and special school peers
- Opportunities for pupils to voice their opinions in decision making both on a personal and whole community level
- An educational climate which promotes mutual respect, provides appropriate role models and opportunities for personal development.