At SSSC we aim to ensure our pupils have the best opportunity of finding meaningful employment and enter adulthood as independently as possible.
- Students in Year 11 dependent on their chosen vocational options will have the opportunity to access a work experience programme through the supported insights scheme or internally in school.
- All students are, given the opportunity to contribute to the yearly Christmas enterprise project to raise money for school projects.
- Vocational experiences, learning and accreditation where appropriate.
- Opportunities to practise home management skills.
- Volunteering where appropriate.
- As part of careers lessons all students have the opportunity to showcase their talents in this area.
- Some educational trips will have the sole focus of exploring job opportunities and the skills, experiences and qualifications needed to access the roles.
Throughout KS4 Parent/ Carers will be actively encouraged to be involved in assisting their child in making realistic and positive choices.
To encourage and support Parent/ Carers to visit the post 16 providers either through open events or individual planned visits with their child to help with making the right positive choice.
Signed Parent/ Carer consent is required for all students participating in off-site visits to Colleges, Sixth forms, independent providers and SEND skills festival events.
Parent/ Carers are informed of progress within, Annual Reviews, Parent / Carer Consultation evenings and on Mid- Term and End of year School Reports.
A Parent/ Carer information evening is held early in the new school year to advise and support parent/carers of students in year 11, on the next step after Swanwick School & Sports College and how the students are prepared in school for their transition into a post 16 provision.
For more information regarding our careers programme please get in touch with our Carers Lead Leigh Parry or Post-16 Lead Julie Brooks on 01773 602198 or email FAO:- email@example.com.
Information for Parents: